On July 13, I spoke at a panel on Economic Connectivity in the Indo-Pacific as part of the Australian Institute of International Affairs Next Generation Policy Forum along with Hayley Channer (Perth USAsia Centre) and former Japanese Ambassador to Indonesia Masafumi Ishii. We discussed the challenges associated with promoting connectivity in the Indo-Pacific region and some of the reasons that recent trilateral initiatives have been slow to take off, as well as the opportunities for moving forward. Check out the video of the highlights above on YouTube.
- New Publication: The Future of the Quad and the Emerging Architecture in the Indo-Pacific
- New Publication: Expanding Engagement among South Korea and the Quad Countries in the Indo-Pacific
- New article in Foreign Affairs
- Talk: What Does the Russo-Ukrainian War Mean for Indo-Pacific Security?
- Talk: Decoding Indo-Pacific Strategies of Canada, Japan, the USA, and Europe
- New Publication: US Supply Chain Strategy in the Indo-Pacific
- New Publication: Ukraine: A Turning Point for Japanese Foreign Policy?
- Talk: Enhancing Economic Security in Northeast Asia
- New Book Review: Japan’s New Regional Reality by Saori Katada
- Japan in 2022 Brookings Event
Follow me on Twitter