I had the pleasure of moderating a panel at the Japan in 2022 event co-organized by the Brookings Institution and the Japan-America Society of Washington DC. I was joined by Professor Mieko Nakabayashi (Waseda University), Professor Kay Shimizu (University of Pittsburgh), and Professor Yves Tiberghien (University of British Columbia) for a discussion on Japan’s domestic politics and economy.
- New Publication: Avoiding and Exploiting the Tragedy of the Commons: Fishing, Crime, and Conflict in the South China Sea
- New Publication: The Role of the United Nations in Japanese Foreign Policy and Security Architecture
- New Publication: From Trade Laggard to Trade Leader: Japan’s Role in Countering the Backlash Against Globalization
- New Publication: Governing the Global Commons: Challenges and Opportunities for US-Japan Cooperation
- Talk: Promoting Good Governance in the Global Commons: The US, Japan, and Beyond
- Podcast Interview: How is the Quad Progressing?
- Talk: Trust Building in Asia in an Era of Great Power Competition
- New Publication: Building a Quad-South Korea Partnership for Climate Action
- New Publication: Japan’s Defense Policy Faces a Critical Juncture
- New Publication: Economic Rivals, Security Allies: The US-Japan Trade War
- New Publication: The Future of the Quad and the Emerging Architecture in the Indo-Pacific
- New Publication: Expanding Engagement among South Korea and the Quad Countries in the Indo-Pacific